The principal thing –Wisdom
Sometimes ago, I had two of my classmates seriously quarreling. One of them was of very small stature then. The bigger one claimed
to be older and even likened the other classmate to his second younger brother.
I stepped in, and asked them for there respective ages. None
of them was ready to declare his age. That is the puzzle.
I quickly think fast, and ask each of them what their age was when they started primary one .
They quickly answer me, not knowing where I was going.
I further asked whether they’ve ever repeated a class.
By doing the simple arithmetic of addition and subtraction, I was able to get the
difference of their age.
The big proud classmate got angry and felt ashamed at my
conclusion.
Because he agreed with my calculation, that he must be going
too far to have said that his classmate was not more that his second younger
brother, if at all he is older that him.
What a wisdom!!!
Proverb: 4:7: Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get
wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding
Quite many violent wars in the world today could have been quelled
by applying simple wisdom.
Civil war in Nigeria
long time ago was brought to an end by simple wisdom from late sage I respected
so much, a man of dreams, a man of destiny, Chief Obafemi Awolowo. A war that artillery and weapons could not
win, stopping the supply of food to the opponent, finally led to ‘No winner No
vanquished' resolution of the civil war.
Ec: 9:14: There was a little city and few men within it; and
there came a great king against it, and besieged it, and built great bulwarks
against it:
Ec: 9:15: Now there was found in it a poor wise man, and he
by his wisdom delivered the city; yet no man remembered that same poor man.
Ec: 9:16: Then said I, Wisdom is better than strength:
nevertheless the poor man's wisdom is despised, and his words are not heard.
Ec: 9:17: The words of wise men are heard in quiet more than
the cry of him that ruled among fools.
Ec: 9:18: Wisdom is better than weapons of war: but one
sinner destroyed much good.
For this religion fanatics
killing and going on suicidal mission all over the world, I suppose it
is high time to bring to a temporary close by applying simple wisdom.
Look out for the next post on my wisdom in that line.
Thanks
KINDLY CHECK THE FIRST POST TO BE A PART OF THE ORDER "LIFT THE POOR"
GOD BLESS
>
No comments:
Post a Comment